- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
-- User:Hyarion 22:22, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello CaptainRolly! Thanks for your contributions so far on TG. Just a quick advice: if it's not too much hassle for you, it would be great if you could improve the references by adding the name of the source and the date it was accessed. The preferred format (which is turning into a standard on TG) is:
<ref>[http://XXX Name of article] (accessed Date Month Year)</ref>
or even better (when applicable):
<ref>Name of author, [http://XXX Name of article] at [http://XXX Name of website] (accessed Date Month Year)</ref>
Keep up the good work! Cheers, --Morgan 19:47, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
CaptainRolly: working on it! :-)
References, Part II
Another thing: our Manual of Style dictates that the note should be after the period/comma/colon, not before it. And please look at the above again, because you're not doing it completely right yet.
- CaptainRolly: this is why I gave up Wikipedia as well: too much fuss. Today was my last edit. Good luck! —Unsigned comment by CaptainRolly (talk • contribs).
- Is putting footnotes after commas, colons, and full stops a really too much fuss.-- 16:29, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- CaptainRolly: Not at all but I am very sensitive to criticism. So I apologize for the harsh words.—Unsigned comment by CaptainRolly (talk • contribs).
I thought you had resigned from TG? ;-) Glad to see you back in action! --Morgan 19:37, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed, welcome back! --Amroth 14:50, 18 January 2012 (UTC)