Welcome to Ederchil's talk page.
WITN release year
- Couple of reasons:
- No markup.
- No sources.
- No composition.
- Poor spelling.
- POV. He begins "in a subtle fasion [sic]"? That's commentary.
- Basically, that an article requires a rewrite does not mean we can accept anything. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 21:40, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I still think it was a pretty good summary (although especially suffering from a POV as you say, - but the poor spelling is easily fixed and if the POV is removed no sources would be needed as it would be only a summary). I'll have a go at editing the anonymous user's text.--Morgan 12:48, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- It was more work than I expected ;-) --Morgan 14:26, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, full day of classes. Looks like Mith already has it. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:45, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
As far as I know, it hasn't been published yet.--Morgan 16:03, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
IMHO, I don't think it's problematic to use Noel as a source in those cases where no other analyses of a name have appeared. Especially if we're clear about giving the reference and denoting the etymology as being a "suggestion". And if a new analysis appears, it's possible to see how olkien linguists have historically interpreted a certain word. I'd say it's a bit similar to "Portrayal in Adaptions": even if we don't think that this or that adaptation was authentic, we still include it for the sake of completeness. What do you think? --Morgan 14:44, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- Normally I'd say true, but in this case, it's so obviously proven incorrect by later info that we'd best not mention it. I haven't checked the Etymologies, Elfling or PE yet for a more accurate etymology. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:51, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
Hi I'm Vaire thanks for making my user page open for other people and a real page, and I have a question, on the user page how do you add the box on the side where you can describe yourself? You can tell me on my user page Vaire
Thank you, sorry about the mistakes I made in editing Vaire
I did what it said to do in the here but when I saved it just said all the things I typed, I did do it on my iPad if that makes a difference. Vaire
- I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. You tried what? --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:10, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
For the user info box I copied what it said on the link you gave me and filled it out and I saved it an my user page but the box did not come up it just said was I typed, but when I typed it I used my iPad, does that make I difference? Vaire
- No, it went wrong because you typed the template instead of copy pasting it. Those vertical lines aren't capital I's. That's a "pipe", |. You can find it on uppercase \ on most keyboards, not sure about the iPad. I fixed it, it displays properly now. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:38, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
Thank you!! And I think that I can edit know Vaire
Thank you for telling me about adding the catagorys when creating a page about a year. Vaire 16:18, 23 July 2012 (UTC)