User talk:Eldarion Telcontar
Eldarion Telcontar, welcome!
- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work! — Hyarion
There are naming rules when it comes to images: the name of the author correctly spelled and capitalized, followed by a space, a hyphen ("-"), another space, and then, again with proper punctuation and spelling, the official title (but Howe's postcards don't have that). So those two images should be aptly named "John Howe - Boromir 03" (as there are already two other pictures of Boromir in Howe's gallery) and "John Howe - Barad-dûr". Also be sure to add them to the categories "Category:Images by John Howe", "Category:Images of Boromir" and "Category:Images of Barad-dûr". Please note that TolkienGateway does not have a policy of favouring "big" artists like Alan Lee or John Howe; much more the opposite: small, independant artists deserve some screen-time too. Enjoy your stay, -- Ederchil 12:30, 8 March 2008 (EST)
- Aditional note: John Howe's Barad-dûr has already been uploaded to the Gateway. ~ Earendilyon 13:48, 8 March 2008 (EST)
- Thank your for your help. I added the picture of Boromir to both categories but wasn't able to change the name. I am afraid this isn't possible. Eldarion Telcontar 13:18, 10 March 2008 (EDT)
Since you are the most avid worker on the Calendar, some tips for April:
- Borondir and Eorl's adventure, with the Battle of the Field of Celebrant on the 15th. Other dates could be done quite like Narfil did for late Juanuary: "The fellowship rests in Lorien", "They travel so and so"; just so we actually have events on these dates. Check The Thain's Book for specific dates.
- The Hobbit starts on the 26th of Third Age 2941, see previous site for details.
I may not have time to play anything but a WikiGnome, so I thought of you... -- Ederchil 17:33, 5 April 2008 (EDT)
- Thank you for these great tips. I was already wondering where I could get information about dates, which are not mentioned in the Appendix of The Lord of the Rings. I think that especially tuckborough.net will help me very much.
- I have just now added the 15th of April with the Battle of the Field of Celebrant. I will also try to fill all empty dates with descriptions of the situation, like Narfil did in January.
- In the next weeks I will work on the events from The Hobbit which last more than a whole year. But I don't know any sources with events that happened on earth. Do you know some (e.g. with Dates from Tolkiens life)?
- Eldarion Telcontar 14:23, 18 April 2008 (EDT)