- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work! — Hyarion
Thanks for the welcome..I'm a rookie at this as the last html I wrote was 6 or 7 years ago. Thanks for the links provided, Hyarion, I'll certainly start learning more of this wiki stuff as I hope to be able to contribute to this site. ........more to come......., ttfn, Erniel 20:17, 9 February 2007 (EST)
Hey there Erniel, thanks for the news story and uploading the image. For images it's quite nice because uploading a thumbnail isn't required, they are generated automatically. I've gone ahead and moved the image and inserted it into the article, here's the code I used for future reference:
- [[Image:The Children of Hurin Deluxe Edition.jpg|thumb|right|The Deluxe Edition]]
--Hyarion 18:36, 16 February 2007 (EST)
- Hi Hyarion, Thanks for adding the image to the latest news...I've no idea what I'm doing, here in wiki land, so any help is appreciated, thanks again. Erniel 18:43, 16 February 2007 (EST)
- Ah you're doing great and we really appreciate all your help, if you ever have any questions just let me know and I would be happy to help. --Hyarion 19:20, 16 February 2007 (EST)
Hey there Erniel, great work on JRRTE:Author Index but unfortunately that list is only of authors who contributed to the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia, my fault, I'll add something to the top of the page to clarify. But you bring up a good idea, we could really use an alphabetical list of authors and their works. --Hyarion 12:54, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- D'oh! I wondered what the "E" at the end was for, but as I stumbled upon this as a "random page" I thought I'd add to it...oh well. Erniel 15:07, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- Just an idea for a title for the alphabetical list: "Books about Tolkien Books"
and also "Books about "Books about Tolkien Books" " as the bibliographies are getting rather numerous out there. (;-)Erniel 15:17, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- Too true :) We could also probably create more categories under Category:Books too, such as "Books by J.R.R. Tolkien", "Books about J.R.R. Tolkien" etc. I'm never sure whether one big list is preferred or more categorized smaller lists. I suppose we can always do both to cover our grounds ;) Books by year is another article that needs a lot of work. --Hyarion 15:24, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- I'd say: make three categories on books: "Books by J.R.R. Tolkien", "Books about J.R.R. Tolkien", and "Books: Bibliographies".
- Now we're at it: ever had the pleasure of stumbling on bibliographies of bibliographies? A kind of meta-meta books they are! --Earendilyon 17:51, 14 March 2007 (EDT)