- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work! — Hyarion
Hey there KingAragorn, nice to see you around. You've been doing a great job over at lotr.wikia.com, nice to see someone with the same interest. Sometimes I wish we could merge projects so both communities aren't trying to accomplish the same thing, when we could be working together to accomplish it twice as fast, oh well. Keep up the great work! --Hyarion 11:13, 29 August 2007 (EDT)
- Hi Hyarion! Thanks for the welcome, I think that it is possible for this wiki to be merged with lotr.wikia.com if ever you couldn't continue paying for the server or whatever. But I doubt users will agree on a merge in any other case.--KingAragorn 05:55, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- Hello KingAragorn, paying for the server isn't important, I would be happy to migrate all the content if the community deemed lotr.wikia.com a more developed and better wiki to be working on. Keep up the great work! --Hyarion 11:27, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Books v Movies
They're pretty big articles, I'm just having some trouble with the naming. Maybe it's better to call them Books v Movies: Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings (etc); this is the standard naming of adaptations here and allows a disambiguation with Rankin/Bass' The Return of the King and Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings, should we ever write those. -- Ederchil 03:17, 3 July 2008 (EDT)
- The names were an issue on the One Wiki, someone said it was wrong to put Jackson Verses Tolkien. But yes, Books v Movies: Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings sounds good!-- 06:15, 3 July 2008 (EDT)
Your Wish Come True
Well I gave Ederchil the nomination he deserved for adminship, so go on over and vote for him.--Theoden1 22:09, 5 August 2008 (EDT)
I had thought on a lot of Help articles to write (Images, Templates, Referencing currently exist only in my head, Disambiguation in my Sandbox), but Signatures wasn't one of them. Good article, really helpful. I might make my own some day ;) -- Ederchil 17:51, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! I think our help section needs some work as you say, so if you want help just ask!-- 17:57, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- I did some work on it, customizing to TG for one. I think I'll upload Disambiguation, because the current looks like a standard message. -- Ederchil 18:06, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- Looks good!-- 19:44, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Fun Game and LOTR
This is great, nationstates.net. Create a nation and join my region "The Real Middle Earth" invite your friends and if you need help, I'm here.
I've moved my nation to Arnor, contact me my nation is breragor. Invite anyone you know to join my region also. And how do you get the things on your profile that say like the race you prefer and lore level?
If your bot works, here's some jobs:
- Move all images from category "Images of The Lord of the Rings: The White Council" to "Images from The Lord of the Rings: The White Council"
- Move all images from category "Images of The Battle for Middle-earth II" to "Images from The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II"
Yes! I tried the bot a few months ago and there was an error with it working with the site, so when you asked I thought it wouldn't work; but Hyarion must have fixed the problem. Your request is most certainly possible, and I'm doing it now. --17:04, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Google Maps for Arda
Hey, I just wanted to ask whether you have tested my extension already. I don't mind if you haven't, 'cause I begin to realize how precious time is, now I've finished school and work 40 hours per week ;-) It just would be great if someone had tested it before Hyarion installs it on the TG server :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:18, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Eldarion Telcontar, I'll get to it this weekend. I just went to download your file from rapidshare, but it looks like it's been deleted. Well done on making it, I look forward to see it working for myself. :) -- 22:52, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Did it work? :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 11:01, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
http://arda.agilityhoster.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page -- 22:57, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- It works well for me. Where and when did the errors appear? I have visited the site, edited the map and saved it without any errors. -- Eldarion Telcontar 19:55, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- hmm... It appears that it doesn't work in MS Internet Explorer. That's what I tried when I tested it. Now I've used firefox and it works fine on that. Any ideas as to why it's producing errors in IE? In firefox anyway it's brilliant, well done with putting it together; once we work out the kinks we can get it installed here and it'll be really useful. Thanks! -- 23:04, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's a for-each-loop that produces the errors in IE. The Microsoft browser recognizes "for (var a in b)" but not the following: "for each (var a in b)". FF knows both. I have deleted the "each" and Voila - it works in IE and FF... at least for me ;-) I have uploaded this file. Download it and replace the GoogleMapsJsExporter.php in extensions/GoogleMaps_Arda/export with the downloaded file. Now it should work for IE as well... I have also updated the file here. -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:04, 1 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yay, it works! I've also tested it in Safari, and it works on that too. We should get to install it here and then I think it would be a good idea to create an infobox for locations and then all of our locations pages can have this map highlighting where the location is.-- 20:23, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Great. But I've discovered the same problem in the EditorsMap.js. I have tried to edit the map in IE and there was the same error. Therefore I have to ask you to replace a file again. I have uploaded the new EditorsMap.js here. Now the entire extension should work. I have looked for other "for each"es in the directory and there weren't any more ;-)
- If it works I will ask Hyarion to install the extension. -- Eldarion Telcontar 20:42, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Now we've got to see if Hyarion has time to install it here.
Once my hosting problems were sorted out, it only took me just under 10 minutes to get it fully downloaded and installed.--21:00, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- I think you may have forgotten to add "var wgGoogleMapsTiles = 'path of the tile images folder from step 1 goes here (e.g. "http://www.testsite.com/Tiles")';" to the beginning of the EditorsMap.js. I get an "wgGoogleMapsTiles undefined" error. Could you add this so that I can check whether the Editors Map works? -- Eldarion Telcontar 21:10, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I forgot to add it to your new file. Well the editors map seems to work fine now.-- 22:15, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, there aren't any more errors! I think we could risk installing it here now. Hopefully Hyarion has time for that. But firstly thank you soo much for installing MediaWiki on a server and then testing my extension on that. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :) -- Eldarion Telcontar 20:46, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi KingAragorn, I just wanted to say sorry for not having attended the meeting. I didn't log in for quite a time and so missed your message... But I was very glad to read that a meeting took place and you pushed for the Google Maps extension. Thanks! Hopefully we can implement maps in the articles soon now we have migrated to the new server. And I'll definitely attend the next meeting. Bye -- Eldarion Telcontar 19:46, 9 July 2010 (UTC)