Welcome to KingAragorn/2012's talk page.
You say it could also provide a way for new users to join, but how many contributors or potential contributors are actually on facebook? --Myrtone 00:35, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well, Facebook has over 500 Million members so it has plenty of potential new users, as you can see our current membership could do with a boost.. Current contributors or people without Facebook won't be disadvantaged in any way by this; it's one of many ways in which we can draw in new blood. -- 11:48, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes but not all of these people would be potential contributors. Current contributors of course will not be disadvantaged in any way, but how many of the potential contributors on Facebook also have OpenIDs. The facebook platform makes the wiki more social in a way that is not always desirable. For example is Myrtone 12:07, 27 January 2011 (UTC) what we want? Best to install OpenID first and see how effective that is. --
- We can discuss this at the next meeting. Are you going to attend? -- 13:20, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Not me but whoever does can discuss it. --Myrtone 14:15, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
Proper Referencing for The Annotated Hobbit
I haven't seen a reference template for The Annotated Hobbit and I have two questions:
- Should this version be referenced rather than the original story in any Tolkien Gateway article?
- If citing it is OK, is this the proper form?
Is the "(ed.)" proper since he is the annotator rather than an editor?
Gamling 23:27, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I think we need more reference templates. We definitely need a template each for The Annotated Hobbit and The History of The Hobbit. I think if there's something in The Annotated Hobbit which is unique to that then it should be referenced, otherwise the original edition should be referenced. To my knowledge I'd say your example is correct and "(ed.)" is appropriate. -- 17:34, 2 April 2011 (UTC)
Hello KA! I noticed that we use History of The Hobbit as Featured Book on the Portal:Books. Can I just change the text on the Portal page? Or is the width of the "box" surrounding the Featured Book adjusted to fit the text that is currently used? --Morgan 10:14, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oh absolutely, go ahead and change the text. I think I was just being lazy and copied the text from the article rather than writing anything original for the portal! :D -- 11:09, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
Namespace for English-Invented Lang wordlist
The namespace "Dictionary:X" seems to create an inter-wiki link, like "Wikipedia:X" or "Wiktionary:X". How do we deal with this? --Morgan 19:26, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- It looks like a default interwiki link. We'll have to ask Mith or Hyarion to remove it. -- 20:01, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
How to find the new Index articles
Hello again! How do we make it easy to find the new index articles? For example, before, I could search for "Fauna" and then "Fauna of Arda" would be the top choice. However, now I don't even find Index:Fauna of Arda listed among the search results... --Morgan 20:13, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- A very good point! I think, again, only Mith or Hyarion could do anything about it. They need to change the default namespaces that are searched to include the new namespaces like Index. -- 20:29, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
I think in removing Category:Lothlórien, Category:Doriath and Category:Towers we may have been a little hasty. They keep re-popping up in Wanted Categories which makes me think they're useful enough to have kept - what do you reckon? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 11:14, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Done. The category structure is quite flexible for alterations; in fact, in creating Category:Lothlórien, Category:Doriath and Category:Towers, I have found that further diffusion of categories would be more than worth it. -- 14:05, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I use your signature format. but there is a problem. when I signature, time and date doesn't appear after the signature. How do you your signature with time and date? --
- Using four tildes (~~~~) should parse your signature and a timestamp. -- 17:54, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
I try this Amaniar 19:48, 5 August 2011 (UTC)