Welcome to Mith's talk page.
 Thanks for the welcome
Hi, Mith. I just threw in a lot of stuff (mostly in the refs) about "Bullroarer" in Bandobras Took#Etymology, with sources going about 3 levels deep. Dammit, this site is feeding my addictions! --Thnidu 10:34, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Thnidu, you're very welcome and we're glad to have you one board! My colleague, Ederchil, has undone your edit as you've reference Wikipedia; on Tolkien Gateway we don't reference Wikipedia but feel free to use the exact same sources that they use! --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 13:16, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
 I'm new
Hey mith I'm trying to get more involved on here can you help me guide me some I'm new to this and feel slightly overwhelmed thanks Throrin Longbeard 03:26, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Neumanjames2010, I'm pleased that you are so keen to get more involved. What exactly would you like help with? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 11:17, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
- just unsure where i can help more and to get more involved with the community Throrin Longbeard 10:24, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hey mith I dont know how to make or use info boxes other than user boxes I was thinking we could add the instruments to the 13 dwarves in thorin co. Throrin Longbeard 12:12, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- I can't really direct you about where you can help - everyone just helps out, independently, wherever they feel most able. Do you have any particular Tolkienian interests?
- Your idea about the instruments is a good one, but it does only apply to Thorin and Company and we do try to keep the infoboxes uniform (the infoboxes don't currently support instruments). I shall have a think! If you want to add an infobox to a page, there is a fairly self-explanatory code on each page - the list of infoboxes is available here: Category:Infobox templates. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:56, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
Hey mith if I were to clean up the mirkwood and thorin pages are there certain edtions that we tend to use as sourses or can we just use any edition of the original stories Throrin Longbeard 22:26, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- With The Hobbit there is no preferred edition. With The Lord of the Rings we tend to prefer the 50th Anniversary Edition as this is fairly universal with consistent pagination. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 22:39, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
 Different ISBNs
Would it be much trouble to add extra lines for different ISBNs in (the expanded version of) Template:Book? I stumbled upon the need to add an "Ebook ISBN" in addition to the "Print ISBN" when creating the page for Tolkien in the New Century.--Morgan 16:47, 30 June 2014 (UTC)