- Main article: Balrog
Other versions of the legendarium
Valarauco is not forming a regular plural **Valaraucor but changing the final vowel in the plural (-o > -ar). Helge Fauskanger suggests that the singular form uses the variant rauco, while the plural form uses the variant rauca for some reason.
Another Quenya word which displays similar properties is perhaps sundo.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels p.415
- ↑ Vinyar Tengwar, Number 39, July 1998 p.10
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Helge Fauskanger, "Quettaparma Quenyallo" dated 25 December 2008, Ardalambion (accessed 28 April 2015)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", RUK
- ↑ Conrad Dunkerson, "The Truth About Balrogs" , http://tolkien.slimy.com/ Tolkien Meta-FAQ (accessed 28 April 2015)