Letter to W.A.R. Hadley
Revision as of 10:42, 28 August 2012 by 184.108.40.206
- Subject: Christmas letter with updates on the Tolkien family happenings of 1970.
- Publication: None.
The letter include references to:
- The death of Hilary Tolkien's wife Magdalen on 5 April
- Her requiem and burial perfomed by Edith and Ronald's son John
- Hilary's son Gabriel, wife and children moving from Wesham to live with him
- Edith's March fall and resultant injuries
- Pending visits from son John and daughter Priscilla
- The "Canadian dauhter-in-law" Baillie in Winnipeg
- Ronald's 1968 "accident" and their move to Poole
- Canada's "troubles" in 1970
- Ronald's desire to visit Canada and South Africa
- A happy summer visit from "Ding" — "an amazing person"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pieter Collier, "#CLP0166 - J.R.R. Tolkien Airmail Family letter of 14 December 1970 and photograph" , Tolkien Library (accessed 19 March 2012)