Tolkien Gateway

Warden of Westmarch

Revision as of 19:37, 9 January 2008 by Quidon88 (Talk | contribs)

The Westmarch, the land between the Tower Hills and the Far Downs, was added to the Shire in 1452 Shire-Reckoning, thirty-three years after the War of the Ring. Its first Warden, appointed by Thain Peregrin, was Fastred of Greenholm. The title was hereditary, passed by Fastred to his son Elfstan Fairbairn, and associated from then on with the Fairbairns of the Towers.