Events that occurred on 13 November.
 On Earth
- 1952 - C. S. Lewis writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 1961 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Paul Barnetson.
- 1997 - Peter Jackson sends a parcel containing Forgotten Silver and Heavenly Creatures with a letter explaining an upcoming movie project to Alan Lee.
- 2002 - The South Park episode "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" is televised.
- 2017 - Amazon acquires the global television rights for the books The Lord of the Rings.