Letter to Agatha Carew Hunt
(Redirected from Agatha Carew Hunt 4 October 1965)
- Subject: A stock reply (written by Tolkien's secretary on 11 May) to a letter of appreciation. However, Tolkien discovers the letter on 4 October, and adds a note of apology.
- Publication: Hammond and Scull published a description of the letter in their The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: Chronology (p. 644). A photograph of the letter was reproduced in Dominic Winter Children's and Illustrated Books, Modern First Editions 2003.
I am v sorry that this note was not posted until 4/10/65. A change of secretary and a load of work suddenly imposed on me by USA "pirates" is responsible. I have just found this in a pile of neglect, clearing up before going away.
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 644
- ↑ Pieter Collier, "Something to celebrate: 30 years The Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien" dated 21 January 2011, Tolkien Library (accessed 17 July 2012)
- ↑ "Children’s and Illustrated Books. 2003" , TolkienBooks.net (accessed 30 March 2014)