Between Faith and Fiction
|Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World: : proceedings of the Arda symposium at the Second Northern Tolkien Festival, Oslo, August 1997|
|Editor||Nils Ivar Agøy|
|Publisher||Uppsala: Arda Society|
|Series||Arda special (vol. 1)|
Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World collects the proceedings of the Arda symposium at the Second Northern Tolkien Festival in Oslo, August 1997.
- "All in one, one in all" (Marjorie Burns)
- "The fall and man's mortality : an investigation of some theological themes in J.R.R. Tolkien's 'Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth'" (Nils Ivar Agøy)
- "Whose myth is it?" (Verlyn Flieger)
- "On entering the same river twice : mythology and theology in the Silmarillion corpus" (Kaj André Apeland)
- "Sub-creator and Creator : Tolkien and the design of the one" (Daniel Timmons)
- "'Old human', or 'The voice in our hearts': J.R.R. Tolkien on the origin of language" (Maria Kuteeva)
 From the Preface
"The Second Northern Tolkien Festival took place at the University of Oslo ... August 8. -10., 1997, hosted by the Tolkien Society of Norway. It included a scholarly symposium arranged in co-operation with ... the Arda Society over the general theme Ainur: Divine and Semi-Divine Powers in Tolkien's World ... six of the papers are now collected in the present publication ... followed by abstracts in Norwegian"