|Calembel in The Lord of the Rings Online|
|Gallery||Images of Calembel|
During the War of the Ring, the town was deserted. Most of the men had gone to fight in Minas Tirith, and those that remained fled into the hills as they heard news of the coming of the Dead Men. It was Aragorn with the Grey Company and the wraiths of the Dead, who came there from Erech on 9 March T.A. 3019. 
 Portrayal in adaptations
2014: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Calembel is the seat of Lord Angbor, who was charged by Prince Imrahil with protecting the land from the Corsairs of Umbar when the other Lords of Gondor rode to the defence of Minas Tirith. Deciding to make a stand against the Corsairs in Linhir, Angbor left his son Drambor in charge of Calembel, which served as a refuge for inhabitants of the nearby village of Lothgobel when it was attacked by the Corsairs.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Passing of the Grey Company"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Unfinished index for The Lord of the Rings", in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 537