Category talk:Towns and Villages in the Shire
I don't know if you are aware, but I am currently in the middle of reorganising the categories for Locations articles. The overall structure of it is located at User:KingAragorn/Sandbox2. I created that structure after long consideration and I came to the conclusion that we shouldn't have 'Cities of...', 'Swamps of...', 'Harbours of...' etc. I know it's a lot of work recategorising - I would have posted something sooner, but this has sprung up so fast. -- 21:36, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I can't say I agree, but I'm too tired to argue the point right now. I only wanted to break up Category:The Shire so I'll restore Category:Cities, towns and villages (ditto for rivers). —Aulë the Smith (Tk·Cb) 21:40, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
- hmm... They all interfered with my structure for Locations. :/ I don't see why we need so many (in fact any subcategories) for The Shire. --
- As a rule I think large categories should be split up, but that's a whole big policy thing I don't want to get into. Category:The Shire contains/contained a lot of article that weren't geographical in nature (titles, etc.), does your reorganization of Locations give you ownership of ever category that overlaps with a location-based one? If so you probably 'own' every article we have. I went back and changed what I did so the two category schemes (yours under Locations, mine under Shire) would exist in parallel and not intersect, I don't know what more you want.
- As part of the reorganisation, I was in fact going to sort out The Shire. I personally don't like seeing a category nearly empty when it can be avoided.
- I don't know what your problem is. I don't see why we couldn't have had a simple discussion, but yet again you've turned it into something else. You mention "you can't do anything on this site without stepping on somebody's 'territory'"; I've noticed that you like to put your foot in other people's work whilst they're in the middle of doing it. For instance, why did you decide to break-down The Shire yesterday? Why not the day before I started, why not weeks ago, why now? Do you get a thrill out of pissing other editors off? -- 12:49, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- Funnily enough I don't make a point of keeping track of exactly where and when you're editing. Perhaps you and Mith should make a list of exactly which articles and categories belong to you so people don't get confused and, you know, think that anyone can edit them. —Aulë the Smith (Tk·Cb) 13:41, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps you should have a look at this page, I don't know if you have difficulty in locating it. -- 14:01, 2 September 2010 (UTC)