|"Durin IV" by Philip Kerst|
|Titles||King of Durin's Folk|
King of Khazad-dûm
|Birth||late S.A./early T.A. |
|Death||late S.A./early T.A. |
|House||House of Durin|
|Gallery||Images of Durin IV|
Like all Durins after Durin I, he was given the name of the first of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves because he greatly resembled him in both appearance and manner. Indeed it was believed among the Dwarves that he was the reincarnation of Durin I, though whether this is possible is unclear.
|Durin Ifl. Y.T.|
|Durin IIfl. late F.A./early S.A.|
|Durin IIIfl. S.A. 1600|
|DURIN IVfl. late S.A./early T.A.|
|Durin Vfl. late S.A./early T.A.|
T.A. 1731 - 1980†
 Portrayal in adaptations
2019: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Durin IV was the reigning King of the Longbeards during the War of the Last Alliance. He and the "Thíuda", the Northmen of the Second Age, were tasked with defeating a mighty horde of Easterlings. They were defeated and retreated to rejoin the rest of the Alliance on the besieged plain of Gorgoroth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "X. Of Dwarves and Men", "Relations of the Longbeard Dwarves and Men"
- ↑ Chester Nathan Gould, "Dwarf-Names: A Study in Old Icelandic Religion", published in Publications of the Modern Language Association of America, Vol 44 (1929), issue #4, pp. 939-967
- ↑ Alice Jones, "Amazon's Lord of the Rings Series Rises: Inside The Rings of Power" dated 10 February 2022, VanityFair (accessed 12 February 2022)
House of Durin
Durin III (mid-Second Age)
|King of Durin's Folk||Unknown|
|King of Khazad-dûm|
|Kings of Durin's Folk|
|Durin I* (Y.T.) · Durin II* · Durin III* (fl. S.A. 1600) · Durin IV* · Durin V* · Durin VI* (until T.A. 1980) · Náin I* (1980 - 1981) · Thráin I† (1981 - 2190) · Thorin I† (2190 - 2289) · Glóin (2289 - 2385) · Óin (2385 - 2488) · Náin II (2488 - 2585) · Dáin I (2585 - 2589) · Thrór† (2585 - 2790) · Thráin II (2790 - 2850) · Thorin II Oakenshield† (2850 - 2941) · Dáin II Ironfoot† (2941 - 3019) · Thorin III Stonehelm† (T.A. 3019 - Fourth Age) · Durin VII (Fourth Age)*|
|* Kings of Khazad-dûm · † Kings under the Mountain|