Forum:Images of "....."
All of these linguistics charts have been added, but all of the links to show "images of *****" have been deleted. WHY ?!?!?!
I have been a fan of this site for a long time, and those links were some of my favorite parts. WHY would anyone remove them ??!?!?! Some of the artwork is very beautiful and adds a very important dimension to the Tolkien legendarium!
PLEASE put back the links PLEASE.
- I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you give an example? -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:34, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- For instance: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Two_trees
- I didn't remove any of those. o.o I'm not interested in deleting useful content. - Gilgamesh 14:23, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
Hey Gilgamesh, I know some linguistic stuff, but could you explain all the cases/uses for all the different forms? I'm not familiar with genetive and ablitive (except when it comes to ablitive absolutes with past participles :). Thanks —Unsigned comment by Breragor (talk • contribs).
- This was the wrong page for that topic so it took me awhile to notice. But most certainly, I'll help. The Quenya noun cases are explained in-depth on this page at Ardalambion. All except the Respective case, which is attested but has never been well understood other than how to inflect it, which is why it is tentatively named (with that name marked with an asterisk). - Gilgamesh 20:09, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
- Alright. Until the meanings of inflections are better explains on the Quenya and Sindarin articles themselves, I've linked the word "noun" in each template to the relevant Ardalambion article. I hope that should help you, Breragor. - Gilgamesh 20:13, 13 February 2010 (UTC)