Forum:Why no References?
Hi! I'm writing for Tolkien Gateway just a few weeks, but I think, that it is a big problem, that most of the --Hyarion 15:47, 22 June 2008 (EDT)articles have no references. I think it is important for an encyclopaedia, that the contents, which are given in an article are authentic and comprehensible for the reader and not just for the writer. --Sigismond 04:39, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- I agree. I try to include them in most of my posts, but we lack a basic annotation system. -- Ederchil 04:53, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- Hi Sigismond. Yes, unfortunately in the early days of the encyclopedia we were not very strict with citations, it is something we have been focusing on and improving. If you see an article that has no sources, feel free to add the Template:Sources template to the page. If a single statement needs a source then there is the Template:Fact template. We're much more strict with new additions to the encyclopedia than we are with the old content as it just takes a while to rewrite and find the sources to all of it. Thanks for all your help and your input! --Hyarion 12:31, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- But Sources is still a redlink... -- Ederchil 12:53, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- That's right, the link links to nothing. --Sigismond 15:38, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- I'm still debating whether we even need the link or whether we want to link to the Tolkien Gateway namespace or the help namespace, and I still have to create the article. The template was just added yesterday so just give me a bit :p the template can still be used regardless of the red link. --Hyarion 15:47, 22 June 2008 (EDT)