Fourth Age 63
Fourth Age 63 (abbreviated to Fo.A. 63 or F.O. 63) is the 63rd year of the Sun of the Fourth Age of Middle-earth. Unless otherwise stated, Tolkien Gateway follows Shire usage in Appendix B for reckoning Fourth Age years: Fourth Age 63 was also known as S.R. 1484 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- Meriadoc Brandybuck receives a message from King Éomer that he wishes to see him.
- Meriadoc takes counsel with Peregrin Took; they leave their belongings to their sons, Pippin takes with him a copy of the Thain's Book and they depart the Shire from Sarn Ford into the south.
- Faramir Took I succeeds his father Peregrin Took as Thain of the Shire.
- Death of King Éomer.[note 1]
- Elfwine, son of Éomer, becomes the nineteenth King of Rohan.
- Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took then travel on to Gondor. Peregrin brings the copy of the Thain's Book.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "Prologue", "Note on the Shire Records"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark"