|Illustrator||Rolf Lagerson (1st ed)|
|Released||1959, 1960, 1961 (1st eds)|
While the work as a whole is popularly known as Sagan om ringen in Sweden (and sometimes also titled so by the publishers), this is properly the title of the translation (published in 1959) of The Fellowship of the Ring. In 1960 followed Sagan om de två tornen (The Two Towers), and in 1961 Sagan om konungens återkomst (The Return of the King).
A sample of different editions of Härskarringen:
 Critical reception
- Translation of The Lord of the Rings into Swedish at Wikipedia
- Hans Künzel Discovered The Lord of the Rings? by Morgan Thomsen
- ↑ Beregond, Anders Stenström, "Tolkien i svensk översättning: Från Hompen till Ringarnas herre", TolkiensArda.se (accessed 14 June 2013)
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: II. Reader's Guide , entry "Translations"
- ↑ Charline Erliksson, "Översättningar: Ringarnas herre utmanad" dated 30 April 2008, NE.se (accessed 14 June 2013)
- ↑ Information derived by User:Morgan from his collection.
- ↑ Christina Scull, Wayne G. Hammond, "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology", Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 14 June 2013)