|"Atop Cerin Amroth" by Anke Eißmann|
|Siblings||Rúmil and Orophin|
|Gallery||Images of Haldir|
Haldir was one of the Galadhrim; unlike his brothers, Rúmil and Orophin, Haldir had traveled outside Lórien and knew Westron. He and his companions are described as wearing grey hooded cloaks and living on flets in the trees.
Haldir was accompanied by his brothers between 15 and 16 January, T.A. 3019 when they encountered the Fellowship of the Ring who arrived in Lórien. His brothers interacted little with the Fellowship because they spoke little of the Common Speech. He treated Gimli rather poorly due to bad relations between Elves and Dwarves. He made him go blindfolded through the wood until Galadriel said he did not have to.
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Haldir in adaptations|
- Haldir was omitted. Aragorn and Boromir briefly discuss the possibility of entering Lothlórien, and in the next shot, they are welcomed by Galadriel.
- Haydn Wood provided the voice of Haldir.
- Haldir is played by Gunther Cremer.
- Haldir was played by Craig Parker.
- The voice of Haldir is provided by Milan Bahúl.
- Haldir leads a regiment of Elven archers from Lórien to the Battle of Helm's Deep, where he is eventually slain, along with most of his archers.
2008: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Haldir is first met on a talan on the western border of Lothlórien. He frequently serves as the intermediary between the player and Galadriel during the epic story.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Lothlórien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Farewell to Lórien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", entry "SKAL¹"