Second Age 600
(Redirected from II 600)
Notable events in this year include:
- The first ships of the Númenóreans begin to appear on the coasts of Middle-earth: Entulessë, a ship headed by Vëantur, Captain of the King's Ships, arrives in Mithlond where the Númenóreans are welcomed by Gil-galad.
- A meeting takes place at Tower Hills between the Númenóreans and the Middle Men of Eriador; the two groups recognise their common heritage. It is noted that it was a millennium or more since the Edain had separated from their kin in Eriador to reach Beleriand.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Second Age", entry "600"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "A Description of the Island of Númenor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife", note 3
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "Of Dwarves and Men", "The Atani and their Languages"