|"Ioreth" by Christina Wald|
|Position||Healer in Houses of Healing|
|Birth||Late Third Age |
|Gallery||Images of Ioreth|
Ioreth was originally from Imloth Melui in Lossarnach, but moved to Minas Tirith and worked in the Houses of Healing. By T.A. 3019 she was the oldest woman working there and was well versed in old lore, which helped restore the health of Faramir. She was very talkative, which annoyed Aragorn and Gandalf.
 Portrayal in adaptations
- Prunella Scales is credited as Ioreth in the fifth episode of the second run, "Minas Tirith and Mount Doom". As Scales was in her twenties at the time, it is unknown to what extent the "old lady" aspect was used.
- Pat Franklyn is credited as "The Old Woman". She is not referred to as Ioreth at any time, but her lines are lifted from Ioreth's.
2015: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Ioreth is found in the Houses of Healing after the battle, where she asks the player to assist her with mixing herbs and delivering medicine to the wounded.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Houses of Healing"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, "Letter to a Mr. Joukes dated August 28, 1967", published in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 579
- ↑ Radio Times, Volume 133, No. 1727, December 14, 1956
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings (1979 radio series), "The Sword That Was Broken... New Forged"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series), "The Battle of Pelennor Fields"