Brother Joseph Power (2 February 1925 - 19 October 2011) was a professor of English Language and Literature at Walsh University. He received his B.A. from the University of London, and later gained an exhibition to St. Catherine's College, Oxford (reading for an Honors Degree in English Language and Literature).
During this time he visited J.R.R. Tolkien's house for evening instruction in Old English, but instead joined the Tolkiens in a celebration of the republication of The Hobbit (likely the second edition of 1951).
In 1965, Joseph Power moved to the United States.
- 2008: A Wizard's Apprentice 1/4: Meeting Tolkien and C.S. Lewis (interview with Joseph Power)
- ↑ Obituary: Brother Joseph Power at Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram (accessed 30 October 2011)
- ↑ The Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown, announcing the Walsh University holding its 2005 Commencement ceremony (accessed 25 July 2010)
- ↑ According to Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull. Cf. Brother Joseph Power's experiences of Tolkien at Lotrplaza.com (accessed 31 July 2010)
- ↑ A Wizard's Apprentice 1/4: Meeting Tolkien and C.S. Lewis