Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. I
|Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. I - The Immortals: Elves, Maiar, and Valar|
|Author||Peter C. Fenlon, Terry K. Amthor, R. Mark Colborn|
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. I is a supplement (in the Sourcebook-series) for Middle-earth Role Playing, 1st Edition. In MERP 2nd ed., this module was split into and replaced by Elves and Valar and Maiar.
- Stock number: 8002
- Cover Price: $12.00
- Cover illustration: Angus McBride
- Interior illustration: Liz Danforth
In a review of Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. I in White Dwarf magazine, Graham Staplehurst remarked that it is an impressive and useful volume, praising both the layout and the source material. His only critique concerned "a strange pursuit of pointless stats", that is, the inclusion of a couple of odd rules which would likely never be used in a real game.
 Cover/Jacket Text
THE IMMORTALS: ELVES, MAIAR, AND VALAR
In a fantasy role playing game, you become a main character in a fantasy adventure you create. With this character compendium you can meet Middle-earth's most exciting figures! Call them forth to add drama and danger to your fantasy game. Match wits with Saruman the White... challenge the strength of the Balrog! Can you outride Glorfindel or withstand the presence of the Lord of the Rings?
This volume describes the first beings to enter Tolkien's world: the Elves, Valar, and Maiar. Each race has a general history and a Character Glossary that alphabetically lists the major individuals. These immortals are described in terms of appearance, motivation, characteristics, and background. Game statistics for the MERP and Rolemaster game systems are included. These stats can be easily converted to most major FRP systems.
Inside you'll find:
- ELVES, the proud and gifted immortals - Legolas, of the Fellowship, Elrond of Rivendell, Glorfindel, bane of the Nazgûl, Galadriel of Lorien
- VALAR, the guardians of Middle-earth - Manwe, Lord of the Powers, Elbereth, Queen of the Stars, Tulkas, the mighty champion
- MAIAR, mighty servants of the Valar - Gandalf, the Grey, Saruman, Tom Bombadil, of the Old Forest, The Balrog of Moria
- THE GREAT ENEMIES who brought evil to Middle-earth - Morgoth, the Black Enemy, Ungoliant, Spirit of the Void, Sauron, Lord of the Rings