Calenhad: A Beacon of Gondor
|Calenhad: A Beacon of Gondor|
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
Calenhad: A Beacon of Gondor is a supplement (in the Fortress series) for Middle-earth Role Playing, 1st Edition.
 Cover/Jacket Text
Located in the northern foothills of the Ered Nimrais, Calenhad is one in a chain of seven beacon-towers. Its watch-fire relays warning to Minas Tirith of any attack on Gondor's frontiers. Whether a Dunlending invasion from the west, an Orcish raid across the Anduin, or civil strife within Calenardhon, the tower's beacon is set ablaze.
Calenhad's elevated site on steep cliffs originally sported just a rude signal-platform. The structure's fire-cage, when set alight, warned nearby Gondorian settlements of incursions by Dunnish tribes. Centuries later, when Easterlings raided across the Anduin, a more formidable tower was built over the platform's ruins. As the Shadow in Mordor grew, the tower was expanded and strengthened to become a fortress of considerable military significance.
- Over 20 pages of layouts, illustrations, and perspectives.
- Complete, multi-level floorplans for 4 guard-towers, the gatehouse, and the impressive beacon-tower.
- Typical layouts for watch-towers on the outer curtain wall and the wall-towers overlooking the inner bailey.
- Room by room descriptions and adventure suggestions.
- Statistics for the garrison of Calenhad and important NPCs residing in the beacon's vicinity.