Mablung (ranger of Ithilien)
|Mablung from The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game|
|Position||Soldier of Gondor, Ranger of Ithilien|
|Birth||Late Third Age |
|Clothing||Green gauntlets, clad in green and brown of varied hews|
|Gallery||Images of Mablung|
- "We come to ambush the Men of Harad. Curse them!"
- ― Mablung
Together with Damrod, Anborn and several others, Mablung served under the Captain of Gondor Faramir, the Steward's second son. They were sent to intercept a troop of Southrons in March T.A. 3019, and there, they came across Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee. While standing guard over the hobbits with Damrod, he briefly conversed with them. Faramir, in the meantime, went on to ambush the Haradrim.
With his Lord injured, Mablung was given command of the Rangers after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. When the Army of the West marched on the Morannon, Mablung and his troops scouted the road and discovered an ambush by Orcs and Easterlings that lay hid in Ithilien. The ambush was quickly turned.
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Mablung in adaptations|
2015: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Mablung and Damrod are first met in Osgiliath culverts, hiding from the enemy forces above. After the Battle of the Pelennor Fields they are finally able to come out and join the Host of the West on the march towards the Black Gate. After tasking the player with searching for the few foes still in hiding within Osgiliath, Mablung and Damrod journey to Henneth Annûn and rejoin yet more Rangers who have been in hiding since the host of Minas Morgul ventured out. Mablung tasks the player with scouting approaches to the Camp of the Host in the wastes. After King Elessar charges Steward Faramir with cleansing the evil of Minas Morgul and the Morgul Vale, Mablung with some other Rangers establishes a camp in the pass of Cirith Ungol, where they eventually discover the presence of Shelob.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "The Window on the West"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Black Gate Opens"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Ring, "Faramir"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Index"
- ↑ Radio Times, Volume 133, No. 1725, November 30, 1956
- ↑ Decipher Inc., The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, 4U127, Mablung - Soldier of Gondor