(Redirected from May 9)
Events that occurred on 9 May.
 On Earth
- 1907 - J.R.R. Tolkien receives the book Dictionary in Englysshe and Welshe.
- 1921 - Voice actor Brian Haines is born.
- 1957 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 197.
- 1961 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Mr. Hart.
- 1967 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Oscar Morland.
- 1997 - Bree Moot 3 begins in Minneapolis
- 2006 - A Tolkienian Mathomium is published.
- 2007 - Quest for Middle-earth is published.
- 2007 - Previews of The Lord of the Rings Musical start in London.
 In Arda
- There are no known events for this day.