Letter to Moira Sayer (10 August 1952)
(Redirected from Moira Sayer 10 August 1952)
- Subject: The second half of The Lord of the Rings.
- Publication: Excerpts from the letter appeared in Christie's 20th Century Books and Manuscripts 16 November 2001. A description of the letter appears in The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology.
It's pretty well a crescendo until at least Chap. 4 of the last "book". It is on the rallentando and coda [i.e. the winding down of the story, and the hobbits' return to the Shire] that I am specially anxious for your opinion.
 See also
- Letter to George and Moira Sayer (7 August 1952)
- Letter to George Sayer (24 June 1953)
- Letter to George Sayer (28 November 1963)
- Letter to George Sayer (21 March 1966)
- Letter to George and Moira Sayer (11 December 1971)