|"Rómendacil I of Gondor" by Matěj Čadil|
|Titles||King of Gondor|
|Birth||T.A. 310 |
|Rule||T.A. 492 - 541 (49 years)|
|Death||T.A. 541 (aged 231)|
|House||House of Anárion|
|Gallery||Images of Rómendacil I|
Rómendacil I (T.A. 310 – 541, aged 231 years) was born Tarostar, the son of Ostoher, King of Gondor. He in turn would become the eighth King of Gondor, ruling for 49 years, from Third Age 492 until his untimely death.
In T.A. 490 the first invasion of Easterlings fell upon Gondor. Due to his father's age, Tarostar led the forces that would drive the invaders out. After his victory in T.A. 500 (eight years after he had succeeded his father) Tarostar assumed the name Rómendacil, "East-victor".
After the first assault of the Easterlings, Rómendacil ordered that the "Tradition of Isildur" be set down in a sealed scroll, to be delivered by the Steward of Gondor to the King's heir before his crowning.
136 - 411
222 - 492
310 - 541†
397 - 667
480 - 748
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "VII. The Heirs of Elendil"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Southern Line: Heirs of Anarion"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", "(iv) The Tradition of Isildur"
- ↑ Paul Strack, "Q. Tarostar m.", Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon (accessed 28 July 2021)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion", second paragraph
- ↑ Paul Strack, "Q. Rómendacil m.", Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon (accessed 28 July 2021)
House of Anárion
Cadet branch of House of Elros
|8th King of Gondor|
T.A. 492 - 541