- "Do you remember that bit of rabbit, Mr. Frodo?"
- ― Sam Gamgee in The Return of the King, "Mount Doom"
Rabbits were long-eared, furry animals, also called 'coneys'. On 7 March T.A. 3019 in northern Ithilien, Samwise Gamgee asked Gollum to bring him some food. Gollum brought him two small rabbits which Sam proceeded to cook, to Gollum's intense displeasure.
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Rabbits in adaptations|
2012-14: The Hobbit (film series):
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Qenya Noun Structure", in Parma Eldalamberon XXI (edited by Christopher Gilson, Patrick H. Wynne and Arden R. Smith), pp. 8, 31
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Qenyaqetsa: The Qenya Phonology and Lexicon", in Parma Eldalamberon XII (edited by Carl F. Hostetter, Christopher Gilson, Arden R. Smith, and Patrick H. Wynne), p. 51
- ↑ "Radagast's Racing Rhosgobel Rabbits: A Recreational Musher Looks at the Realities of Bunny Sledding" dated 3 January 2013, TheOneRing.net (accessed 11 March 2013)