|Born||January 12, 1959|
He studied modern history at Oxford and was a barrister in London, specializing in violent crime. Later, he moved to California with his wife, Tracy Sternberg, and their two children. Tracy is known for the store in vintage clothing she had with her mother, Sternberg & Tolkien.
Simon Tolkien's first novel, The Stepmother (published in the United States as Final Witness), was published in 2003. The Inheritance, his second novel, was published on April 13th, 2010 by Minotaur Books.
 Bibliography, selected
- 2010: Huffington Post. April 26, 2010.
- 2010: Mythprint (June issue, Vol. 47, No. 6, #335, on pp. 3–4)
- 2010: wamc.org 18 may,
- 2012: Telegraph Nov 18, 2012.
- "Simon Tolkien JRR Tolkien's grandson admits Lord of the Rings trauma" (by Andrew Hough)
- 2012: The Guardian Nov 24, 2012.
- "'Being Tolkien's grandson blocked my writing ..." (by Joanna Moorhead)
 Family Tree
|Edith Bratt||J.R.R. Tolkien|
|John Tolkien||Michael Tolkien||Faith Faulconbridge||Christopher Tolkien||Baillie Tolkien||Priscilla Tolkien|
|Simon Tolkien||Tracy Sternberg||Adam Tolkien||Rachel Tolkien|