|"Theoden Espies the Serpent Banner" by Michael Kaluta|
|Gallery||Images of Snowmane|
- "Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane"
- ― Carved upon Snowmane's Howe
Snowmane, also referred to as Théoden's Bane and Master's Bane, was buried where he fell. On the site known as Snowmane's Howe, a stone was erected and there the grass grew the most green ever after.
 Portrayal in adaptations
2013: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Snowmane accompanied Théoden to the Battle of the Hornburg, and was ridden on the final charge out of the fortress. He fell on the Pelennor Fields much as described in the book.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields"
- ↑ Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, p. 362
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings" in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 763