I made a template for citing from video games. I'll add other video games to the list as well if we feel there is a need for it. I based it off the MLA style to cite video games and took out the date and location of the publisher as we do for the the template for books. Although the book template does not use publisher information, I included it for this template. --Pinkkeith 22:19, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
I should also add that I called it "VGC" for "video game citation". --Pinkkeith 22:20, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay, one more thing. I didn't add this information to the already established template because this work is non-canon. --Pinkkeith 22:30, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
 Renaming entries
I don't know why, but most of the fields in this template have been renamed by Amroth. The result of this is that there are now 30-odd articles which contain no text at all. This is messing up sentences and having the unintended consequence that formerly accurate information is being removed by other editors on the basis this template is either broken or being misused (see, here and here, for example).
Renaming template fields should never happen unless arrangements are made to fix each and every transclusion of the template. I don't know what sort of mess we've got into with regards to this template over the last two months, but we have three options:
- Revert the template, restore any removed transclusions, and alter any new uses of the template back to the old style.
- Keep the template as it is, fix all offending transclusions, and restore and repair any removed ones.
- Change the template to have both old and new styles, then restore any removed transclusions.
- 3 for me.--Morgan 18:57, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- I don't like 3. However, I think Amroth should fix his mistake in whatever way he feels is best. -- 19:56, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm in favour of 2, though I don't mind if we take 3. I'll fix my mistake this or next weekend, if people agree with 2.
- I did change SA1 into SAI because I wanted to include chapters (book quests) in the template aswell. If I had included chapters the shortcuts would be something like "SA1I", which could have confused people as the game uses the opposite (Roman numerals for books and Arabic numerals for chapters). I must have forgotten to fix the templates, sorry for that.
- I just fixed the template in 1 March and 2010, and I think, as this template is for sourcing, shouldn't be used outside sourcing, like in these two articles. --Amroth 15:19, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- I can start fixing the template now, if people agree with 3. --Amroth 15:44, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- Do whichever. -- 15:58, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- I think I've fixed them all now. --Amroth 17:02, 10 December 2011 (UTC)