The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine 5
The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine 5 was the fifth issue of The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine for Oct/Nov 2002.
- "Liv Tyler on bringing to life one of the most controversial characters in the film, and Academy Award Winner composer Howard Shore talks of his obsession. Veteran producer Barrie Osborne on the enormous challenges of filming a trilogy, and Lesley Earl-Templeton provides rare glimpses into the beautiful fabrics, flags and banners of the films."
- ― The Lord of the Rings Fan Club
- 8 MAILBAGGINS
- 12 NEWS FROM MIDDLE-EARTH
- The Lord of the Rings shines at San Diego Comic-Con …Viggo Mortensen debuts two new books at a Wellington fundraiser for a sick crew member … plus the latest on Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom, John Rhys-Davies, and Miranda Otto.
- 20 UNSUNG HEROES
- Meet New Zealand native Ed Mulholland, who oversaw construction of every set created for The Lord of the Rings.
- 68 FAN FOCUS
- A report on the August fan gathering for the Hollywood Bowl performance of Howard Shore’s The Fellowship of the Ring score, plus a spotlight on the Australian Fellowship and a new contest.
- 73 CATALOG
- 82 QUOTEWORTHY
- 22 UPDATE WITH PETER JACKSON
- The Lord of the Rings director talks with Dan Madsen about Treebeard, Gollum,Helm’s Deep, and other highlights of The Two Towers—and reveals what aspect of making the films has meant the most to him.
- 30 A HOPELESS ROMANTIC — Liv Tyler Finds the Arc of Arwen
- The actress talks with Dan Madsen about the joys and difficulties of playing perhaps the most controversial character in The Lord of the Rings films.
- 40 THE MAN BEHIND THE MUSIC — An Interview with Composer Howard Shore
- Peter Jackson says his composer has become “as obsessed” as he and his fellow filmmakers about The Lord of the Rings. In a recent interview, the Oscarwinning composer told us how he approached the daunting task of putting music to such a beloved story.
- 50 THE “TRUE HERO”OF The Lord of the Rings Veteran Hollywood producer Barrie Osborne talks about the uniquely challenging and all-consuming task of producing New Line’s history-making trilogy.
- 58 ARTIFACTS — The Fabric of Middle-earth
- Lesley Earl-Templeton tells Dan Madsen how the beautiful flags, banners, and other intricate fabric props for The Lord of the Rings were created— and how the film, her first ever, has changed her life.
- 70 DOWN THE ADVENTURE PATH — Building Character: The Artists of Toy Biz
- Soon, collectors and children of all ages will be able to bring home Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, and many of the other beloved The Lord of the Rings characters, thanks to the painstaking work of the action figure artists at Toy Biz.