The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine 8
The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine 8 was the eighth issue of The Lord of the Rings Fan Club Official Movie Magazine for April/May 2003.
- "An interview with the delightful Billy Boyd. Sala Baker on playing the screen’s biggest bad-guy, Sauron. Author Brian Sibley talks of his long time involvement with The Lord of the Rings, and Richard Taylor guides is through thousands of years of Elvish armor and weaponry design."
- ― The Lord of the Rings Fan Club
- 8 MAILBAGGINS
- 10 NEWS FROM MIDDLE-EARTH
- The Two Towers is showered with awards and nominations ... Fans gear up for Oscar weekend ... The Lord of the Rings takes flight in New Zealand ... and much more!
- 18 UNSUNG HEROES - Greensmaster Brian Massey
- Billie Lusk and her catering colleagues followed The Lord of the Rings production all over New Zealand, cooking morning, noon, and sometimes in the middle of the night to keep the cast and crew well-fed.
- 66 FAN FOCUS
- Members mingle with the stars at The Two Towers world premiere in New York ... Fan Club crowd "rings" in the New Year in Williamsburg ... Spotlight on the Salt Lake City fellowship.
- 73 CATALOG
- 82 QUOTEWORTHY
- 22 UPDATE WITH PETER JACKSON
- Find out about the sleight-of-hand work that solved a Two Towers dilemma, why he made the controversial changes to Faramir, and much more in our latest Update!
- 32 THE ARTFUL DODGER - An interview with Billy Boyd.
- Cup of tea in hand, the Scottish actor spoke with us at length about his work on The Lord of the Rings - his first major film project - including the many lasting friendships that came out of his time in New Zealand and his take on the relationship between Merry, Pippin, and Treebeard.
- 42 THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK
- New Zealander Sala Baker was thrilled when The Lord of the Rings filmmakers plucked him from the ranks of stunt performers and "background" actors to give macho menace to Sauron, the ultimate villian of the film trilogy.
- 48 ARTIFACTS - Elven Weaponry and Armor
- The weaponry and armor created for the Elven warriors of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers features the imaginative flourishes and meticulous attention to detail that marks everything created by Richard Taylor and the Weta Workshop.
- 60 The Lord of the Rings STORYTELLER
- J.R.R. Tolkien aficionado Brian Sibley talks about his latest book on The Lord of the Rings trilogy, his time in New Zealand, and his correspondence with the Great Professor.