Third Age 1050
Notable events in this year include:
- Hyarmendacil conquers the Harad.
- Gondor reaches the height of its power.
- About this time a shadow falls on Greenwood, and men begin to call it Mirkwood.
- About this time Sauron's spirit moves some Easterlings into Rhovanion up to the Vales of Anduin.
- Alerted by the shadow of Dol Guldur the Periannath started to migrate westwards. They are first mentioned in records with the coming of the Harfoots to Eriador.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "X. Of Dwarves and Men", "Notes", #60
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "X. Of Dwarves and Men", "The Atani and their Languages"