Tolkien Gateway:Featured articles/NominationsTolkien Gateway:Featured articles/Archive.
In considering an article, please review the nomination criteria below to judge for yourself whether the article meets the criteria. If you are satisfied, then create a new section at the bottom of the page, titled with the name of the article, with your rationale for nomination. Should the nomination prove successful, the article could soon be featured on the Main Page.
 Nomination criteria
Any registered user can nominate an article for featured status. It should be well-written, complete, illustrated, and referenced and meet these specific criteria:
- The text is entirely written by TG editors with correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- There are no outstanding maintenance templates on the article;
- The article is well-referenced throughout, leaving the reader under no illusions as to where to source information themselves;
- The article conforms to TG's Standards, as well as those laid out in the relevant Project;
- The text is sprinkled with relevant images (including captions) of appropriate size - if necessary, including a gallery;
- Articles are at least 5,000 bytes long;
- Where applicable, contains "History", "Portrayal in Adaptations", "In Other Versions of the Legendarium", "See Also", "Genealogy", "Etymology", "Other Names and Titles" and "Bibliography" sections;
- Where applicable, full use has been made of relevant templates, e.g.: disambiguation, see also, main, navigation, pronounce, familytree, sequence;
- Where applicable, contains interwiki links;
- Preferably no red-links, but no more than half-a-dozen.
After nomination, an article should receive five votes with with no objections within a month or so; each user being able to cast one vote. Each entry should begin with Agree, Disagree or Undecided and be signed by the user, and, if they choose, an explanation of their vote.
 Current nominations
It's a pretty impressive article, and well deserved for my favourite character and such an interesting character.--07:14, 6 June 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. If I'm not mistaking, Gandalf has already been FA once. That doesn't mean it can't be again, but it's near the end of the queue. Oh, agree, btw. but the sourcing needs to be a bit better. -- Ederchil 08:01, 6 June 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. This article is extensive, appears complete, well-referenced, and lavishly illustrated. It is a prime example of what an FA should be.--Theoden1 13:31, 7 June 2008 (EDT)
- Agree. Yes, quite well done. Excellent, in fact.--Ingwe
- Agree. Nice long article, good information, plus good introduction into Tolkien. —Unsigned comment by ZehnWaters (talk • contribs).
- Agree A Middle Earth without Gandalf, is not a true Middle Eearth at all.--Breragor • (Talk • Contribs • Edits)
- Agree. After reading it, I have to admit it is the best article we have.--Odysseas-Spartan53 10:50, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- Agree. Exellent Article! Besides, Gandalf is the heart of Tolkien's work. His article deserves to be featured. mthomas 12:30, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Agree. The first thing new users see is the main page, and generally people are most familiar with Gandalf. --Yurpee
- Agree. A central character in the LoTR trilogy. Everyone knows who he is and he deserves a good moment in the spotlight. -- Naruvir
- Disagree - I think it's a big cluttered in its structure and severely lacks sources required to make it worthy of the title. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 14:23, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
- Agree. It definitely deserves to be featured, but I think later, after the revisions are done because of the Hobbit movies coming. —Unsigned comment by Lilybell (talk • contribs).
As Smaug has been featured for almost nine months now I think it is time to look for a new featured article. Personally I think Dwalin might be a good choice. It is well-writen, sourced, no maintaince templates and only one red link. Although Dwalin isn't as long as previous featured articles, it covers (almost) all information that can be found in the books. And, with The Hobbit (film series) coming this year people will search for more information about the Hobbit and characters/locations. Therefore it would be good if an article related to The Hobbit will appear on the main page. --Amroth 19:57, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
- +1.--Morgan 20:07, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
- Any other opinions? --Amroth 14:53, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- I don't like the main image.-- 15:20, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
I think it is a good article written well its long covers all 4 ages with good pictures though I think a better quote could be found would someone check to make sure its ours and not wikis because smaug has been featured way to long oh and does this count as my vote and nomanation Throrin Longbeard 03:46, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
I'd like to nominate thorin I think its a well rounded article that hold to our standards if there are any objections let me know so I can fix them I think this would make a great featured article with the hibbit films just coming out Throrin Longbeard 13:37, 21 May 2014 (UTC)