Tolkien Studies: Volume 10
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 10|
|Editor||David Bratman, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University Press|
Print ISSN: 1547-3155
Tolkien Studies: Volume 10 is the tenth volume of the annual review Tolkien Studies.
- Claudio A. Testi, "Tolkien's Work: Is it Christian or Pagan?: A proposal for a 'synthetic' approach"
- Nils Ivar Agøy, "Vague or Vivid?: Descriptions in The Lord of the Rings"
- Hope Rogers, "No Triumph without Loss: Problems of Intercultural Marriage in Tolkien's Works"
- Thomas Honegger, "My Most Precious Riddle: Eggs and Rings Revisited"
- Michael Organ, "Tolkien's Japonisme: Prints, Dragons and a Great Wave"
- Renée Vink, "'Jewish' Dwarves: Tolkien and anti-Semitic stereotyping"
- Derek Shank, "'The Web of Story': Structuralism in Tolkien's 'On Fairy-stories'"
- Benjamin Saxton, "Tolkien and Bakhtin on Authorship, Literary Freedom, and Alterity"
- Notes and Documents
- Kris Swank, "Tom Bombadil's Last Song: Tolkien's 'Once Upon A Time'"
- Book Reviews
- An Hobad, translated by Nicholas Williams, and Hobbitus Ille, translated by Mark Walker, reviewed by Harley J. Sims
- The Quenya Alphabet, edited by Arden R. Smith, reviewed by Edith L. Crowe
- The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, reviewed by Sarah Beach
- Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, by Corey Olsen, and There and Back Again, by Mark Atherton, reviewed by Jason Fisher
- Green Suns and Faërie, by Verlyn Flieger, reviewed by John D. Rateliff
- The Broken Scythe, edited by Roberto Arduini and Claudio A. Testi, reviewed by John Garth
- A Hobbit Journey, by Matthew Dickerson, and A Hobbit Devotional, by Ed Strauss, reviewed by Donald T. Williams
- Merlin DeTardo, "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2010"
- Rebecca Epstein, David Bratman, and Merlin DeTardo, "Bibliography (In English) for 2011"
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
| Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 |
Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15