Tolkien Studies: Volume 12
|Tolkien Studies: Volume 12|
|Editor||David Bratman, Michael D.C. Drout, Verlyn Flieger|
|Publisher||West Virginia University Press|
Tolkien Studies: Volume 12 is the twelfth volume of the annual review Tolkien Studies.
- Kelley M. Wickham-Crowley,'Mind to Mind': Tolkien's Faërian Drama and the Middle English Sir Orfeo
- Kris Swank, "The Irish Otherworld Voyage of Roverandom"
- Simon Cook, "The Peace of Frodo: On the Origin of an English Mythology"
- Carrol Fry, 'Two Musics about the Throne of Ilúvatar': Gnostic and Manichaean Dualism in The Silmarillion
- Alban Gautier, "From Dejection in Winter to Victory in Spring: Aragorn and Alfred, Parallel Episodes?"
- Sherrylyn Branchaw, "Boromir: Breaker of the Fellowship?"
- Notes and Documents
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Henry Bradley, 3 Dec. 1845-23 May 1923 an obituary for his supervisor at the Oxford English Dictionary, with commentary by Tom Shippey and Peter Gilliver
- Book Reviews
- Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary together with Sellic Spell, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien, reviewed by Michael D.C. Drout
- The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book, by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christina Scull and Wayne G. Hammond, reviewed by Richard C. West
- A Companion to J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Stuart D. Lee, reviewed by Jorge Luis Bueno-Alonso
- Tolkien: The Forest and the City, edited by Helen Conrad-O'Briain and Gerard Hynes, reviewed by Patrick Curry
- Tolkien, by Raymond Edwards, reviewed by David Bratman
- "The Year's Work in Tolkien Studies 2012," by Merlin DeTardo, Jason Fisher, David Bratman, Marjorie Burns, John Wm. Houghton, John Magoun
- "Bibliography (in English) for 2013," compiled by Rebecca Epstein and David Bratman
|Tolkien Studies volumes|
| Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3 · Volume 4 · Volume 5 · Volume 6 · Volume 7 · Volume 8 · Volume 9 · Volume 10 |
Volume 11 · Volume 12 · Volume 13 · Volume 14 · Volume 15