|"Tom" by Liz Danforth|
|Gallery||Images of Tom|
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Tom in adaptations|
- The Trolls are encountered in the second episode, "Out of the Frying-pan into the Fire". Brian Haines plays Bert, Victor Lucas Bill, and Francis de Wolff Tom. The scene is taken verbatim from the book.
- The troll's scene is adapted without alterations. No actors are credited for the individual parts of the three trolls.
- The three trolls are the first obstacle encountered after leaving Bag End.
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- Tom is a member of the Hugath tribe of Stone Trolls of the Trollshaw. In Hobbit lore he is known as "Tom Huggins", while his real name is Tûma.
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- Tom is playable both as an Hazard Creature and as a Minion. The troll is also given the MERP variant name, Tûma.
- Aragorn and the Hobbits rest at the petrified Trolls after Frodo is stabbed by the Witch-king. In the Extended Edition, Sam points out to the wounded Frodo that they are "Mr. Bilbo's Trolls".
2003: The Hobbit (2003 video game):
- Bert, Bill and Tom are the first bosses of the game, though they cannot be fought. Bilbo has to sneak around the Trolls, waiting for them to turn or walk away.
2007: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Bert, Tom and Bill, turned to stone, can be found in the wilderness of the Trollshaws.
- Tom is portrayed (through motion capture) by William Kircher. He is depicted with a high-pitched, nasally voice and has a bad cold. He is the one that catches Bilbo (as opposed to Bill, as in the book) when he mistakenly grabs him while reaching for his handkerchief and blows his nose on him.
 See also