Unions of Elves and Men
- "Nai elen atta siluvat aurenna veryanwesto."
- ― Quenya wedding wish by Tolkien
Only a few times in the history of Arda have there been unions of Elves and Men. The offspring of such marriages were known as Half-elven. The were only three unions of the Eldar and the Edain:
 Similar cases
It is known the love between Aegnor and Andreth, but that couldn't be fulfilled due to war.
According to a local legend, Imrazôr, the Prince of Belfalas, married the Elven maiden Mithrellas, but when she had borne him two children, she slipped away.
- ↑ Vinyar Tengwar, Number 49, June 2007
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Númenor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The History of Galadriel and Celeborn", "Amroth and Nimrodel", p. 248