I thought I would be nice before and let you add the links but you've pushed your luck. Please find somewhere else to advertise. --Hyarion 10:01, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
- Advertise? Whats wrong with my link? Its just a familytree —Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
- I'm sure you had good intentions but you simply can't post the family tree on every single page, it is not relevant enough. However I've added the link to Eldar and Atani which are relevant. If the family tree was oriented around a specific character, let's say Aragorn II, and the visitor clicks the link they would have a very hard time even finding Aragorn on the tree, so it is useless for them. Your link is also broken at the moment so please fix that. Otherwise, great work on the tree. --Hyarion 11:01, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
- Ok, maybe you´re right. Eldar and Atani are surely the right places - I just don´t think that it is such difficult to find any charakter you like. Surely, for Tolkien-newbies it is useless. But this tree isn´t made for newbies ;) Of course, maybe I should have asked before; I didn´t, because it has never been a problem in other encyclopedias. The link is broken? I can´t see any problems... —Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs).
- Sorry for being so harsh earlier, I hadn't noticed you were even linking back to TG. We tend to get quite a bit of spam and have become extra cautious when we see an anonymous user making hundreds of edits. I do still think a link for every character may be a bit excessive, maybe we can devise a way for the link to somehow scroll to the specific character on the tree. I'll wait for some more member's opinions before adding the links back. Do you have any plans to create more trees? --Hyarion 19:53, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
- As I said: I should have asked bevore. I linked nearly every name in my familytree back to the TG - it would only make half of its sense without. But of course you couldn´t smell that. Unfortunately I´m no "specialist" and have no idea how to arrange the link to scroll to the specific charakter on the tree. If you know anyone who can help me with that... :) But yes, wait fore som more opinions first. In the meantime I´m going to register (no idea why I didn´t that before...) —Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs).
This is the talk page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.
We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.