Welcome to Ederchil's talk page.
I don't know if you or Morgan already contacted Hyarion, but I've just emailed him about today's spam influx.--17:23, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- I completely forgot to do that. I was too busy having flashbacks to a couple of years back. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:32, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for all your effort to undo the mess guys, and thanks for the e-mail KA. For the time being I've just shut off new account creation until we implement a stricter process. Although I'm having a hard time thinking of something stricter, manual approval wouldn't even work since it would be sometimes difficult to differentiate solely based on the username. --Hyarion 17:44, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- You may be aware that I am pretty much computer-less at the moment (temporarily boring a PC right now). The way to fix this, Hyarion, is to change the CAPTCHA questions in LocalSettings.php. That will stop them until they figure out an answer. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 10:54, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
 List of Book that inspired Tolkien
It is difficult to put link sources when I just created the page and was begining to edit including informations, and you delete the page... Be more pacient. Otherwise it will be hard to help this wiki. —Unsigned comment by Sigurd (talk • contribs).
- Couple of things:
- Add new messages at the bottom of the talk page. They go in chronological order from old to new.
- The entire concept is vague. "Books that inspired Tolkien"? Inspired him on what? To write a book? To become a philologist? To write an alternate mythology for England? To write a specific element?
- As I said, sources. The only source you list is a summary of his personal library, without explaining how this book being in his library inspired him. Unless you have a specific sources that explicitly says Book X inspired him to do action Y, it's just speculation.
- No content other than a list. The introduction is essentially "Books that have inspired Tolkien are books that have inspired Tolkien".
- Basic layout and spelling. That's something that you should do before saving the page.
- As this is a vague and slippery slope (just as our existing train wreck Inspirations is), it adds nothing at the moment. Without addressing all these points (apart from the first, naturally), I see no point in having it. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 13:38, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Couple of things:
- Whatever. If you see the message works.
- To put links, sources and more informations need time to included.
- I was working in that page and adding all informations. But is Impossible to do this when someone came and deleted the page... minutes after I began to write.
- So I think you have to whait some time before going to deleted a page. That is not the first time that you dont have paciense.—Unsigned comment by Sigurd (talk • contribs).
- While you're putting the page together you can use a sandbox in your user area.-- 16:37, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
 Battle of the Five Armies
I'd just come on to change all the links - I'm glad you beat me to it! Thank you! --19:17, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
 Song_of_the_Lonely_Mountain (Talk_Page)
Please forgive me, I really made a mistake: the confusion occured.So, in this time, could you help me, where can I publish my translation? On the forum?
- We're not really the right place for fan translations. Also, what would it help? None of us here knows Russian. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:45, 7 June 2014 (UTC)
 Copyright Violation
May I ask why the images I uploaded are copyright violations? I personally asked the artist through deviantART. I asked through a note, so I can send you a printscreen or something. She told me that she does not mind as long as she is credited and it is not for profit. I also asked for these three specific images. --Sandy 15:08, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- I explained what you needed to add on your message wall. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 15:14, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- If you mean my Discussion page nothing new has showed up. If you mean another message wall then I have no idea what it is. Sorry :( --Sandy 15:28, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- My bad i just saw it. Thanks for the info! --Sandy 15:29, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- I know, I have spammed you extensively today, and I'm sorry for that. I just want to be sure that this won't happen again. So, I created the page with the permission; Am I allowed to upload them now? And if so, in the template where it says "Permission for use on Tolkien Gateway" will it be automatically linked to the page I created or do I need to do something extra? Thanks again!--Sandy 15:53, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- You need to add the template like you used to, but instead of DeviantArt, write Kimberly. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 16:15, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for trying to help with info. I wont help anymore. I dont know what you mean by "primary source".
 Elves infobox
- Yes, you are right about the Longbeards. After all, most of the Dwarven characters in the legendarium are Longbeards.
To return to the topic...As you have no doubt already seen that I created the template for the generic Elven infobox, I think some of the characters from the legendarium should be put under that template: for example: Imin, Tata, Enel and their spouses and many other Elven characters who's nationality isn't determined by any of the writings.
Celeborn would be a good candidate for such a template and few other major characters who have ambiguous histories... Woolly Mammoth 17:08, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Also, please do me a favor and delete the article "Morwë and Nurwë" considering they have no more use on the site.
Woolly Mammoth 17:11, 21 May 2015 (UTC)