- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
 Changing images
Hi! If you have the intention of changing an infobox image, please state your case first at the talk page. For an example, see here, and for the Tolkien Gateway rules, see here.--Morgan 21:42, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
 Image uploading
Hi Ivar! I admire your dedication to uploading more images. However I noticed that the image titles are not quite right. The Image policy says to name images this way(using Kip Rasmussen as an example): File:Kip Rasmussen - [image title].jpg. I hope this helps! —Holdwine Meriadoc (Talk/Contribs/Edits), 01:46, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, my bad. Honestly, I forgot about it. --IvarTheBoneless
- Someone did, apparently, some time ago. --IvarTheBoneless
- Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly: I meant the artist gave us permission only to use some pieces of art, not all we want. --LorenzoCB 13:33, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
- Can you elaborate? --IvarTheBoneless
- Basically the user who asked Kip if he could use his images only asked him about the specific images he or she wanted to upload, and Kip gave him permission to use those specific images he or she wanted to upload. Kip didn't give permission to use any of his works we wanted, just those few. You'd have to contact him in some way to ask if you could use those images before uploading. --Holdwine Meriadoc (Talk/Contribs/Edits), 22:00, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
Hi IvarTheBoneless. I'm back on the wiki after a break for personal reasons, and I've noticed you uploaded a lot of images. This is great but could I ask you to pause. In particular, we decided some years ago that wouldn't add in new artists to the wiki unless they were either depicting characters we don't already have, or they were adding a new style to the wiki. I'm not sure that's the case with some you have included; I'll take a look through when I have a little more time. That being said, just a couple of things:
- Can you email to me the evidence of the permissions you've received;
- When uploading images, you can avoid having to edit the image afterwards by not selected a copyright template but rather copying and pasting into the "Summary" box the licensing template and the categories;
- Categories, after the name of the artist, should be in alphabetic order.
- You said that I shouldn't upload images this often, but the truth is, there was only a couple of them that I intended to upload before you intervened. Also, all of them were of characters that do not have any visual representation whatsoever (Elmo, Iminyë, Tatië, Enelyë, Gorgumoth, Meril-i-Turinqi, Tal-Elmar, Imin, Lungorthin; as well as better representations of Nimloth of Doriath, Lothíriel, Gilmith, Imrazôr, Mithrellas, and Edhellos).
- So, what I'm asking is, can I email these pictures (along with some other copyright proofs), so that you yourself can upload them, since apparently I am unable to do so. --IvarTheBoneless
- That isn't what I said. And the artists Tolrone, EllirShaan and KuraiGeijutsu, for instance, don't offer new characters from what I've seen; better, of course, is somewhat subjective.
- I understand that, but still, like I said, I have images and proofs of copyright from artist other than the ones you mentioned above - art depicting characters that are not currently represented, and the images aren't that many. And as for this site not being "Rolozo Tolkien", I agree, but art really helps with immersion and satisfaction for those visiting here. Again, I can email these images to you, and you can decide if they should be uploaded on this site or not. That being said, I will not bring this topic up again. --IvarTheBoneless
- Following the above, please ensure the you include DEFAULTSORT when you create categories. You can see an example of this here.
- Can I also ask that when you sign messages you include the timestamp. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 16:28, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- Also, a reminder on alphabetising the categories, but why do all your recently uploads have "Summary" blank and many line breaks? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 19:00, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry about all that! I forgot about DEFAULTSORT and timestamp (won't happen again). And as for "Summary", well, I kind of copied and pasted the pic info, so I guess it slipped - I'll be more careful in the future.
- Also, have you received my mail about "A-denn" and "KuraiGeijutsu"? The "d" in "A-Denn" should not be capitalized. Cheers! --IvarTheBoneless 18:19, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, I noticed you deleted the Positions and Occupations template and replaced it with "Positions and occupations". For next time, there is a "move" button on the top of the page that allows you to move the article to a new namespace. That is tidier than proposing it for deletion and leaving the skeleton of the article. Thanks. --Turiannerevarine 18:34, 22 October 2021 (UTC)18:34, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
- Categories can only be moved that way. No problem here. --LorenzoCB 18:36, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
- Oh ok. Never mind then. Turiannerevarine 18:37, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
 Imin, Tata, Enel
You care a lot for having the infoboxes filled with an image but that's not the priority. Why don't you actually help improving those articles beyond that? --LorenzoCB 11:20, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
Hi! You are doing a good job with the matter of TBOLT! Thanks! I envy you, I'd wish to have time to dive into that. Btw, try to avoid redirecting things to sections like OVOTL, Mith said not to do that and it is true that it feels kinda rude for the users. --LorenzoCB 18:51, 30 March 2022 (UTC)