(Redirected from West)
West may refer to:
- The Uttermost West or Far West, Aman. There, the Valar dwell, and the Elves go when they "sail West".
- West Beleriand, lands to the west of the Sirion.
- The West, or Westernesse, lies in Belegaer, to the West of Middle-earth. The Dúnedain, or Men of the West, take their name after this sense.
- The Westfarthing, the western quarter of The Shire which included Hobbiton, Michel Delving and Tuckborough.
- The West-gate of Bree, one of the entrances to Bree-land.
- The Westmarch, an area added to the Shire in S.R. 1452.
- The West-mark, the western half of Rohan.
- Beleriand, the most western land east of Belegaer. Elves who dwelt here were occasionally known as Dúnedhil, West-elves, to distinguish them from the Avari.
- After the drowning of both Beleriand and Númenor, "the West" generally referred to the north-western portions of Middle-earth, or Westlands; or at least those who opposed Sauron.
- Captains of the West, the main command in the War of the Ring.
- Flame of the West, the translation of Andúril.
- King of the West, Elessar
- Lords of the West, the Valar.
- Mighty of the West, Tuor.
 Real World
- Into the West, an Oscar winning song by Annie Lennox.
- Lockwood West, actor.
- Richard C. West, author and scholar.
- John Westbrook, actor.
|This disambiguation page is a list of articles associated with the same title. This is in accordance with Tolkien Gateway's Naming policy.|
If an internal link referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.