From Tolkien Gateway
Árpád Göncz (10 February 1922 - 6 October 2015) was a Hungarian writer, translator and politician. He worked as a writer and has published several novels, plays and essays, and also translated over a hundred literary works from English to Hungarian, including works of J.R.R. Tolkien. He served as the President of Hungary from 1990 to 2000.
Bibliography, selected[edit | edit source]
Books[edit | edit source]
- 1991: Gyaluforgács: esszék, jegyzetek, interjúk. 336 pages. Isbn: 9637994106, Isbn13: 9789637994104. [See the essay "J.R.R. Tolkien: A Gyűrűk Ura", pp. 25-29 (reprinted from the Hungarian translation of The Return of the King, published in 1981)].
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 1992: Tolkien Centenary Conference 1992
- Statement of appreciation of Tolkien, written for the Centenary Conference.
Translations[edit | edit source]
- 1981: A Gyűrűk Ura (The Lord of the Rings). Cover illustrations: Vida, Gyozo.
- 1988: A Sonkádi Egyed gazda (Farmer Giles of Ham). Budapest: Mora. Hardcover. Illustrator: Kelemen Istvan [cartoon illustrations in 2 colours throughout].