Revision as of 16:40, 15 November 2015 by Mith
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien writes the "Debating Society Report" in The King Edward's School Chronicle.
- 28 - J.A.W. Bennett, Inkling, born in New Zealand.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien's first poem, The Battle of the Eastern Field, and the report "Acta Senatus", are published in The King Edward's School Chronicle.
- 3 - Swedish translator Åke Ohlmarks is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien writes the "Debating Society Report" and the Editorial in The King Edward's School Chronicle.
- ? - The Tolkiens go to holiday in Switzerland, where J.R.R. (alledgedly) finds a postcard of Der Berggeist.
- Tolkien with a party of 12 wander on foot in Lauterbrunnen. Vivid memories of that adventure would form the basis for Rivendell and the Misty Mountains in The Hobbit.
- 12 - Felix Felton, who would play Bilbo Baggins, the Black Captain and Sauron in The Lord of the Rings (1955 radio series), is born.
- 3 - Michael Hordern, who would voice Gandalf in the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 20 - J.R.R. Tolkien signs a Oxford University visitor's page.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien; Humphrey Carpenter, Christopher Tolkien (eds.), The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter 306, (undated, late 1967 - early 1968)
1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914