m (The sources don't mention a siege)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
Latest revision as of 11:51, 10 August 2021
|Argeleb I from The Rise of the Witch-king|
|Titles||King of Arthedain|
|Birth||T.A. 1226 |
|Rule||T.A. 1349 - 1356|
|Death||T.A. 1356 (aged 130)|
|House||House of Isildur|
|Gallery||Images of Argeleb I|
By the time Argeleb came to power, the line of kings had failed in the kingdoms of Cardolan and Rhudaur, so Argeleb claimed sovereignty over all of Arnor (taking the royal prefix ar(a)- as a token of this). He was thus not only the seventh King of Arthedain, but also the seventeenth King of Arnor. Cardolan accepted this rule but Rhudaur resisted this claim, and a captain of the Hill-men of that land formed a secret alliance with Arnor's enemy, the Witch-king of Angmar. In response, Argeleb fortified the hills, but he was killed during battle with the two realms in T.A. 1356.
1062 - 1272
1144 - 1349
1226 - 1356†
1309 - 1409†
1391 - 1589
 Portrayal in adaptations
- In the Angmar campaign of the expansion pack The Rise of the Witch-king, Argeleb comes to the aid of the struggling kingdom of Rhudaur. He arrives from the North after the player destroys the first of two fortresses, and has to be defeated for the level to pass.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "VII. The Heirs of Elendil", p. 194
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur", note 4
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
House of Isildur
Cadet branch of House of Elros
|15th Heir of Isildur|
T.A. 1349 - 1356
|7th King of Arthedain|
T.A. 1349 - 1356