From Tolkien Gateway
Revision as of 13:20, 4 June 2021 by A Hobbit Gentleman (talk | contribs) (→Portrayal in adaptations: update)
|Daddy Twofoot in The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game|
|Location||Bagshot Row, Hobbiton|
|Gallery||Images of Daddy Twofoot|
- "That's a dark bad place, if half the tales be true."
- ― Daddy Twofoot on the Old Forest
Daddy Twofoot was a Hobbit of the Shire in the late Third Age.
Daddy Twofoot lived in a hole on Bagshot Row in Hobbiton, right next door to Hamfast Gamgee and his family. He was a regular at the Ivy Bush Inn, where he was one particular evening in T.A. 3001, when Hamfast Gamgee entertained his fellow patrons with his knowledge of Bag End and "Mad Baggins". During the conversation, Dad seconded Old Noakes's disdain for the Bucklanders, considering them peculiar strangers.
Portrayal in adaptations
|Daddy Twofoot in adaptations|
1981: The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series):
- Daddy Twofoot is voiced by Leonard Fenton. He is present in the Ivy Bush before Bilbo's Birthday Party.
1992: Der Herr der Ringe (1992 German radio series):
- Daddy Twofoot is played by Hans Edgar Stecher.
2001: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring:
- Daddy Twofoot's place at the conversation (which is moved to the Green Dragon) is taken over by Sam. A Decipher Card of Daddy Twofoot identifies him as one of the Hobbits seen in the preceding scene, Concerning Hobbits.
2002: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game):
- Daddy Twofoot lives at Number Two, Bagshot Row, and can be seen sitting outside the Green Dragon. No actor is specified for the part.
2007: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Found at his residence not far from Bag End, Daddy Twofoot plays no role in the story and only provides a few lines during a seasonal festival quest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Long-expected Party"
- ↑ Michael Bakewell, Brian Sibley (eds.), The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series), "A Long Expected Party"
- ↑ Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Fran Walsh (eds.), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition), "At the Green Dragon"
- ↑ Decipher Inc., The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, 13U 144, Daddy Twofoot; Next-door Neighbor
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (video game), "The Shire"